Ribollita with Beef Fiorentina Medallions & Green Sauce
Serves: 4-6 people
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cool Time: 30 minutes
½ cup Olive Oil
1 cup Pancetta, cubed (or thick cut bacon, cubed)
4 cups Kale, destemmed and shredded
2 cups Spinach
2 cups White Cabbage, shredded
2 cups Cannellini Beans
2 stalks Celery, diced
2 carrots Carrots, peeled and diced
1 onion Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 chopped Zucchini
1 large Potato, peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 cups Water
2 tsp Dried Basil (or fresh basil, minced)
2 tsp Dried Parsley (or fresh parsley, minced)
2 tsp Dried Thyme (or fresh thyme, minced)
2 tsp Dried Oregano (or fresh oregano, minced)
2 tsp Dried Sage (or fresh sage, minced)
1 tsp Dried Rosemary (or fresh rosemary, minced)
1 tsp Chili Powder
4-6 slices Crusty Bread, grilled
1-2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
How To Make:
- In a large pot, add the olive oil and pancetta and cook until crispy.
- Add the kale, spinach, cabbage, beans, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, zucchini, and potato. Stir until the potatoes become soft.
- Add tomato paste, water, basil, parsley, thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, and chili power. Stir together.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While simmering, prepare the bread by lightly brushing it with olive oil, before putting it on a grill pan or in a toaster oven.
- To assemble this dish, place some of the bread on the bottom of a dish.
- Pour the Ribollita on top of the bread and top off with more bread. Drizzle with Olive Oil and some Parmesan Cheese. Then, it’s ready to serve.
2 lbs Ribeye, cut into cubes
2 tsp Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons of Oil or Butter
How To Make:
- Season the meat with salt, pepper and a light dusting of the flour.
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet over high heat.
- When heat begins to slightly smoke, carefully add the hot beef cubes, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Saute each side of the beef for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until caramelized.
- Remove and set aside on a plate to rest for 4-5 minutes, before serving on top of the Ribollita.
½ cup Fresh Parsley
½ lemon Lemon, zested and juiced
2 cloves Garlic
1 filet Anchovy
2 tsp Capers
1 pinch Salt and Pepper
How To Make:
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and use an immersion blender to blend everything together, or put all the ingredients into a mortar and pestle and grind until smooth.