TITLE: Direct Response Content Developer
REPORTS TO: Director of Direct Response Programs
DEPARTMENT: Mission Advancement
LOCATION: Remote Eligible
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Content Developer will assist the Director of Direct Response in researching trending topics and developing content for multiple channels, ensuring all content is written and delivered to a high standard to promote and communicate EWTN’s mission and its services. This includes writing, editing, sourcing, and publishing content for print and digital fundraising and cultivation campaigns.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that content, to include headlines and calls to action, are compelling, informative, and shareable. Goals include: increasing donation acquisition, conversion and retention in all channels, as well as maximizing engagement opportunities based upon serving up content that is relevant to all donors and prospects in the Catholic and Christian communities at-large.
Research, write and edit donor-relevant content, including but not limited to: newsletters, fund appeal letters, impact emails, cultivation emails, social and paid social content, email campaigns, landing pages, website and social banners, content offers, devotional and campaign materials, video, testimononials, special reports, case studies, and more.
Create content with a strong call to action that drives conversions for multiple mediums.
Assist in developing an EWTN voice style guide, defining content type, brand tone and voice.
Plan, write and execute shareable content ensuring consistency within established standards.
Collaborate with team members to identify content opportunities.
Regularly communicate with designers and web specialists to ensure deadlines are met.
Maintain a shared content calendar with release schedules for planned articles and content.
Monitor ongoing content performance for learning and identifying future optimizations.
Adjust content to conform with results of testing, to include A/B testing.
In coordination with the Direct Response Director, liaise with subject experts to develop content ideas and conduct interviews.
Coordinate publishing efforts with Online Services and other departments to ensure content is approved, SEO-optimized and tagged for web analytics tracking.
Coordinate distribution efforts of email writing projects with Online Services and digital partners.
Stay up-to-date on content production and distribution best practices across multiple platforms (email, web, print, social media, mobile, etc.).
Demonstrate strong multi-media story-telling capabilities, from conceptualization to research, writing, imagery and production.
- Bachelor Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or relative degree.
- 7 - 10 years of experience writing exceptional content; journalism, advertising agency, direct response or fundraising copywriting experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith, to include experience in writing and communicating.
- A keen eye for content that is engaging, sharable and relevant with strong journalistic skills.
- Demonstrated experience in web publishing using a content management system.
- Strong collaborator with the ability to meet the needs of a diverse stakeholder group.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple commitments with strict attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and a team player.
- Ability to participate in strategic, creative brainstorming sessions.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Experience working effectively with subject matter experts to produce content and secure approvals.
- Excellent grasp of the English language and a strong understanding of grammar and punctuation.
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with internal and agency partners.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Familiar with SEO best practices and creating content that contributes to search engine relevance.
- Content strategy focus with an analytical mindset.
- AP style writing.
- Editing and proofreading experience.
- Basic proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Copy editing - Editing and proofreading experience.
- Strong interview skills.
- Quick learner – ability to train and work independently across multiple CRM type platforms: HubSpot, Creative Services job platform, inMotionNow proofing platform, Monday.com job management site, and more.
- Project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and/or equivalent training and experience.
Résumés & cover letter (including salary requirements) should be e-mailed to:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE