Penne Pasta with Salmon
Description: To honor St. Peter, the fisherman who traveled to Rome, we celebrate a fish and pasta recipe that will definitely help us celebrate our faith.
Serves: 4-6 People
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cool Time: 15 minutes
½ lb Salmon, Diced
½ medium sized Onion, Diced
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Tbsp Lemon Zest & Juice
2-3 Tbsp Parsley, Minced
1-2 tsp Thyme, Chopped
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
¼ cup Dry White Wine
How To Make:
- Boil water and cook pasta, according to the instructions on the box. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water and put aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat and saute onion until translucent for approximately 1 minute.
- Add salmon and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pan. Then, saute the onion and salmon in white wine for 1-2 minutes. If the pasta is not yet cooked, turn off the heat to prevent overcooking the onion and salmon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the parsley, thyme, lemon zest and juice, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper. Mix it all together.
- When the pasta is cooked, add all of it to the pan with the onion and salmon. Then, add the ricotta cheese combination to the pan, as well.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
- Season with salt and paper, as needed.
- Depending on the desired texture, add a little starchy water (1 -2 tablespoons at a time) to the pan. Mix together and cook over low to medium heat until all the ingredients are fully integrated and the ricotta cheese has melted evenly.