Par Baked Pie Crust
Makes 2 pie crusts.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
5 Cups Sifted AP Flour
2 Cup Butter
14-16oz Cold Water
2Tbsp Sugar ***Optional
How To Make:
- Mix flour and salt, then cut in shortening with 2 forks until course in texture.
- Gradually add water. Use just enough to hold all ingredients together.
- Split in half and wrap in plastic, then cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Lightly flour prep surface and roll out 1/8 in thick.
- Carefully lay in pie pan dock pie dough with fork; cover with parchment paper and add dry beans on top
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 12 minutes or until lightly brown