Navy Bean Soup
Description: Comforting Flavors to Warm the Soul.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
1 Tbs olive oil
1 potato medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes...about ½ cup
2 carrots chopped ¼ inch pieces
1 onion medium sized, diced
2 celery ribs diced
1 zucchini medium sized and diced
1 tsp jalapeno pepper, minced
1 can (15-1/2 oz) navy beans, rinsed and drained
2 to 2-1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
8 ounces tomato sauce
2 Tbs minced fresh parsley
1-½ tsp minced fresh thyme
- Heat oil over medium heat and add potatoes and carrots, cook for 3 minutes
- Add onion, celery, zucchini and jalapeno; cook and stir 3-4 minutes
- Add tomato sauce, beans, broth, and thyme
- Add broth and simmer for 12-15 minutes
- Add a little broth or water for desired consistency.
- Add parsley for garnish. Serve with some toasted bread. We used rye and pumpernickel.
- Drizzle a little olive oil garnish