Description: Using ingredients that are familiar to St. Joseph, Fr. Leo recreates a Mediterranean version of the American ‘Sloppy Joe’.
Serving: 4-5 People
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
I cup Couscous, Cooked
¼ cup Ground Lamb
1 cup Zucchini, diced
1 cup Cucumber, diced
½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 cup Chickpeas, cooked and strained
1/4 cup Red Onion, minced
1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1-2 Tbsp Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste)
1-2 dashes Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 cups Fresh Arugula
How To Make:
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and red onions until caramelized.
- Add red bell pepper and zucchini to skillet, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until charred, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground lamb to the pan, break it apart, and cook until fully browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, cumin, couscous, and stir together until incorporated.
- Season with oregano, cumin, and tahini. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Tear pita bread and fill with arugula, cucumber, feta cheese, red onion, and lamb mixture.