This dish is great for that left over ham from Easter dinner.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Onion, sliced
¾ Tsp Kosher salt
Tt Black Pepper
¼ Cup Milk
1 Cup Diced ham
1 Tbsp Fresh Herbs (Parsley, dill or thyme), Chopped
1 Cup Swiss or Cheddar Cheese, grated
How To Make:
- Turn your oven on to broil for finishing.
- Melt the butter in a med size non-stick skillet over med heat. Add in the ham and saute until they are a nice golden brown color. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Add in the onions and saute until for about 2 mins. Season with Salt and Pepper and continue to cook for about 15 mins until the onions are soft and translucent.
- In a bowl whisk the milk and eggs and a ¼ tsp salt and a ~ 1-2 pinches of black pepper.
- Transfer the onions, ham, and cheese into the bowl with the eggs and mix.
- Add the egg mix to the pan and arrange the meat and onions evenly in the pan. Cook for a few mins over a med low heat. Once the bottom starts to set let it cook for another 3-4 mins on the stovetop.
- Transfer the pan to oven and broil for about 5 mins, make sure that your rack is at least in the middle of the oven but not higher to avoid burning.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place a plate over the pan, invert the whole pan using the plate to catch/hold the frittata.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cheese and let melt, cut and serve.