Prep time: 50 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
1(15oz) Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 Cup Fresh Cilantro leaves, packed
1 Cup Fresh flat parsley leaves , packed
½ Cup Yellow onions
4 Ea Garlic cloves, chopped
¼ Cup Flour
1 Tbsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Coriander
2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Black pepper
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
Vegetable oil for fry
How To Make:
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until mixture looks minced not pureed
- Refrigerate mixture for up to 30 minutes.
- Scoop out enough mixture, about 1 ½ -2 Tsbp, into 2 inch balls, set on plate. Repeat until mixture is all used up.
- Heat vegetable oil in dutch oven pot to 350F.
- Gently place falafels in frying oil. Fry for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and place falafels on paper towel plate to catch excess oil
Note: Test a single falafel to ensure it does not fall apart.