Neutering pets
Question from Marie on 12/13/2013:

Judie, since you basically endorsed sterilizing pets in response to a recent question, I can't help but ask about Genesis 1:22, "...and God blessed them, saying: Be fertile, multiply, and fill the water of the seas; and let the birds multiply on the earth..."

If God wanted even the sparrows to be able to multiply on the earth, how much more might he want the four-legged creatures to multiply? If we think about it, it should be obvious that sterilization is against the natural law and therefore could be an offense against God. I know we all do this anyway, but if we gave it more serious thought I think we could conclude that a theological argument could be made against it. Just sayin'

Marie

God placed man over the animals and the earth to care for it responsibly and with love. Man has intellect which allows him to make prudent decisions about animals, their ability to reproduce and so on. I do endorse sterilizing animals and that is not an immoral position to take.