Jewish Conversion
Question from EFH on 12/29/2004:

Hi,

I can appreciate the comments from yourself and various others defending the need for Jewish conversion. However, the actual document,

"The Jewish People and its Holy Scriptures in the Christian Bible" is not vague about what Card. Ratzinger believes which is his belief that : "the Jewish messianic wait is not in vain," and that there should be "no Catholic missionary activity toward Jews as there is for all other non-Christian religions,"

I have read the document myself and encourage others to as well as it is frequently quoted by Vatican officials when discussing Catholic-Jewish relations which is why Card Ratzinger felt the need to write the preface.

God bless,

Assuming the conversion of the Jews prior to the return of Christ, I can agree that their wait will not be in vain, for those who convert.

God bless,