Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun
Irondale, AL (EWTN) – Friday, Oct. 13 marks the 100th anniversary of the capstone of the Fatima apparitions: the Miracle of the Sun, where the sun appeared to hurtle towards the earth. Even the secular newspapers of the time reported on the phenomenon – although they never would have credited it to Our Lady of Fatima!
Hear Our Lady’s words and watch a recreation of this miracle in the seventh episode of the EWTN series “The Message of Fatima.” Airs 8:30 p.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 13, and 10 a.m. ET, Saturday, Oct. 14.
Another way to celebrate the anniversary is to tune in to EWTN’s many Fatima specials. For a complete listing of dozens of Fatima-related movies, documentaries, and news shows, please go to http://ewtn.com/fatima/programming.asp. Some of these programs will be streamed live on Facebook, www.facebook.com/ewtnonline, so be sure to “like” our page to watch.
Among the devotional highlights will be:
- Holy Mass in Honor of Our Lady of Fatima: From the Shrine in Portugal. Airs 5 a.m. ET and noon ET, Friday, Oct. 13.
- Worldwide Children’s Eucharistic Holy Hour: Airs live from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (BSNIC) at 10 a.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 13. Father Chris Alar presides.
- Our Lady of Fatima: International Rosary and Candlelight Procession. Live from Fatima, Portugal. Airs 4:30 p.m. ET, Thursday, Oct. 12.
- Historical Candlelight Rosary Procession and Entrustment of Families with Cardinal Wuerl: Airs live from the BSNIC at 7 p.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 13.
Among the special movies, documentaries and news shows will be:
- Vaticano – Examine the event that shaped history; explore the city of Fatima, relive the canonization of Jacinta and Francisco Marto, and much more. Airs 11 p.m. ET, Thursday, Oct. 12.
- Fatima and the Popes: An historical look at the connection between the Fatima apparitions and the Popes. Airs 10:30 a.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 13.
- Fatima - A Message of Hope: A documentary examining the prophetic revelations and the great miracle of Fatima, with insights from leading experts and family members of the three shepherd children. Airs 5 p.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 13.
- Queen of Heaven: The Consecration – My Immaculate Heart will Triumph – A look at how Our Lady of Fatima's prophecies about World War II and the rise of the Soviet Union came to pass. Airs 6:30 p.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 13.
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 36th year, is the largest religious media network in the world. EWTN’s 11 TV channels are broadcast in multiple languages 24 hours a day, seven days a week to over 268 million television households in more than 145 countries and territories. EWTN platforms also include radio services transmitted through SIRIUS/XM, iHeart Radio, and over 500 domestic and international AM & FM radio affiliates; a worldwide shortwave radio service; the largest Catholic website in the U.S.; electronic and print news services, including Catholic News Agency, “The National Catholic Register” newspaper, and several global news wire services; as well as EWTN Publishing, its book publishing division.
Photo Caption: The Fatima Seers, Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta (top) and the children who portray them in EWTN's "The Message of Fatima." Airs 8:30 p.m. ET, Friday, October 13, the 100th anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun, with an encore at 10 a.m. ET, Saturday, October 14. Find EWTN at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder