Irondale, AL (EWTN) – Whatever type of television program you prefer – movies, documentaries, music, talk shows, educational/inspirational/or children’s programs – this fall the Network to watch is EWTN. Learn about the life of the soon-to-be beatified Fr. Stanley Rother, be inspired by the heroic life and death of Military Chaplain Fr. Vincent Capodanno, celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun in a dramatization of Our Lady of Fatima’s final apparition in Portugal, enjoy on-location interviews with business owners whose faith guides their business decisions, discover how to be a force for good on the Internet – and much more!
Get a sneak peek, featuring clips from all of EWTN’s new shows, when EWTN President Doug Keck hosts the “EWTN Season Preview.” Airs 4:30 p.m. ET, Monday, Aug. 14; 1:30 p.m. ET, Tuesday, Aug. 15; 10:30 p.m. ET, Friday, Aug. 18; and 6:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, Aug. 19.
This Season’s highlights include:
- “Called and Chosen – Father Vincent R. Capodanno.” This powerful 90-minute EWTN original docu-drama about a military chaplain’s life and heroic death debuts at 10 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Aug. 30. But be sure to tune in at 8 p.m. ET for a special “EWTN Live” interview with Director James Kelty; Mary Preece, Vice-Postulator of Father Capodanno’s Cause for Canonization; and George Phillips of the Capodanno Guild. Encores at 3 p.m. ET, Saturday, Sept. 2; and 3 p.m. ET, Monday, Sept. 4.
- “Beatification of Father Stanley Rother:” In the week leading up to this priest’s Sept. 23 beatification, EWTN will air a special documentary about the life of the first U.S.-born priest to be beatified. This Oklahoma-born priest turned Guatemalan missionary was warned not to return to his mission while on a home visit – but this shepherd refused to leave his flock and was martyred. Father Charles Connor hosts the special as well as EWTN’s live coverage of the beatification.
- “The Message of Fatima”: The conclusion of this popular EWTN original mini-series celebrating the 100 anniversary of Our Lady’s apparitions at Fatima culminates this fall. The final two apparitions will air at 6:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Sept. 13, and 8:30 p.m. ET, Friday, Oct. 13, the 100th anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun! But don’t miss the Nov. 4 episode, which recreates subsequent apparitions to Lucia dos Santos in which Our Lady requested the First Saturdays Devotion.
- “MASSterpiece Donut Shop:” This high-end EWTN’s children’s program with “Donut Man” Host Rob Wahl explains the Mass so children – and adults! – can learn to understand and love it. Airs 4:30 p.m. ET, Mondays, beginning Sept. 4, with an encore at 9 a.m. Saturdays, beginning Sept. 9.
- A Force for Good: Enjoy on location interviews with business owners who rely on their Catholic faith to manage their businesses, their employees, and their lives. This EWTN co-production with The Catholic University of America, hosted by Dr. Jay Richards, debuts weekly beginning 10 p.m. ET, Friday, Sept. 8. Encores at 5:30 a.m. ET Mondays, and 1 p.m. ET Tuesdays.
- “Life on the Rock”: This completely revamped weekly half-hour show, which debuts in October, features the priests of the Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word in different segments that help viewers rock the New Evangelization.
- “Digital Catholics:” Sister Helena Burns helps young people use their social media prowess to become a force for good on the Internet.
- “An EWTN Holy Land Experience:” Travel to the Holy Land with Fr. Joseph and Fr. Mark in these special programs that will not only air on EWTN television, but live on EWTN’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ewtnonline. Join EWTN’s Holy Land Facebook Group for behind-the-scenes photos, videos, and Q&A’s with the hosts!
There’s much more in store for viewers this fall! For a complete listing of programs, go to www.ewtn.com and search under the “Television” tab. Note: Times and dates are subject to change so please check for updates at http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/weekly-schedules.asp)
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 36th year, is the largest religious media network in the world. EWTN’s 11 TV channels are broadcast in multiple languages 24 hours a day, seven days a week to over 268 million television households in more than 145 countries and territories. EWTN services also include radio services transmitted through SIRIUS/XM, iHeart Radio, and over 500 domestic and international AM & FM radio affiliates; a worldwide shortwave radio service; the largest Catholic website in the U.S.; electronic and print news services, including “The National Catholic Register” newspaper, and two global wire services; as well as a publishing arm.
Photo Caption: Be inspired by this military chaplain's heroic life and death in EWTN's “Called and Chosen – Father Vincent R. Capodanno.” This powerful 90-minute EWTN original docu-drama debuts at 10 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Aug. 30 on EWTN, www.ewtn.com/channelfinder. Encores at 3 p.m. ET, Saturday, Sept. 2; and 3 p.m. ET, Monday, Sept. 4.