The EWTN Pro-Life Declaration
- I believe that every human being is a unique and unrepeatable gift of God, made in His image and likeness, in order to know, love and serve Him in this life, and to be happy with Him forever in Heaven.
- I believe that every human life begins at the moment of conception and lasts until natural death.
- I believe that all people are endowed by their Creator with the inalienable right to life, for without that right, no other individual rights are possible.
- I believe that abortion deprives an innocent person of their life, their most basic human right, and therefore, it is gravely evil and never permissible, even in the cases of rape or incest.
- I believe that life should be lived with dignity until the moment of natural death. Suicide and euthanasia should never be condoned. Instead, dying patients should receive loving care, spiritual support, and appropriate remedies for pain until the moment of natural death.
- I believe we should extend God’s love and compassion to all who have been impacted by the effects of abortion. This includes all who are confused and frightened in today's culture of death.
Will you publicly proclaim your belief in the sanctity of life by joining others to sign this pledge today?