New Shows from Trusted Faces: EWTN's Exclusive Coverage of the Interregnum Continues
By Michelle Laque Johnson
Vaticanistas! If you love the Pope, the Vatican, and the Roman Catholic Church and want to be in the know about all the exciting event occurring now in Rome then the only channel you want to watch is EWTN! We were there for Pope Benedict's final days in office; we are there now for the Interregnun (the period between Popes); and we will be there for the conclave – with the most knowledgeable news teams anywhere!
What follows are a few of the upcoming highlights, but you will want to stay tuned as EWTN's news crews react to the changes being reported from the Vatican on a daily basis!
EWTN Global Catholic Network: Specials
"The World Over Special" with Raymond Arroyo: Live from Rome. Airs 8 p.m. ET, Thursday, March 7. EWTN Lead Anchor Raymond Arroyo and his co-hosts – Faith & Reason Institute President Robert Royal, Fr. Gerald Murray of the Archdiocese of New York, and Fr. Roger Landry of the Diocese of Fall River, Mass. – will preview the upcoming Conclave, discuss Pope Benedict XVI's legacy, and much more!
- "Life on the Rock Special:" Fr. Mark Mary and Doug Barry will interview young people in Rome, including students; those working at San Lorenzo Center, a center for the young just off Vatican Square; young people praying the rosary in the Square, and much more. Airs 10 p.m. ET, Thursday, March 7.
EWTN Daily Coverage from Rome:
- "Live from the Vatican" with Raymond Arroyo: Exclusive interviews and the insightful reporting and analysis you've come to expect from the man who has anchored more papal events than anyone in the industry. Airs live daily at 2 p.m. ET beginning March 8, with encores at 9 p.m. ET.
- "EWTN Vatican Daily" with Colleen Carroll Campbell: A daily live show, beginning 9 a.m. ET, March 8, with an encore at 5 p.m. ET. With regular Panelists Dr. James Hitchcock and Fr. Raymond de Souza. Watch for interviews with Rome-based guests, including curia officials, bishops and priests, lay scholars, experts and the faithful as well as news features and discussions.
EWTN Global Catholic Radio Network:
- "EWTN Radio Live from the Eternal City" with EWTN Producer Elena Rodriguez in Rome and EWTN Director of Radio Programming and Production Thom Price in our Birmingham studios: Begins at 10 a.m. ET, Thursday, March 7 with guests Joan Lewis and Mary Shovlain. "Elena will be talking, not just with people in the Church, but with the everyday person on the street," Thom said. Tune in every day, including weekends, until the Church has a new pope!
EWTN Online & Print News Services:
- Power & Witness: By the way, if you want to see what the voice behind the above radio program looks like, check out the March 3 entry of EWTN's Power & Witness blog, in which Father Mark interviews Elena Rodriguez in the airport on the way to Rome! http://www.powerandwitness.blogspot.com/
- Joan's Rome: News as only EWTN Rome Bureau Chief Joan Lewis, who has a lifetime of Vatican experience, can deliver it! Check out her wonderful mix of commentary and video, /news/blog.asp?blog_ID=1/
- "Seen and Unseen:" Check out Raymond Arroyo's latest blog on the destruction of the papal ring at /news/blog.asp?blog_ID=2 – and stayed tuned for a lot more as Raymond arrives in the Eternal City!
EWTN Español (Spanish):
- Also, watch for daily reports from EWTN News/CNA, http://www.ewtnnews.com/, especially those by Rome Correspondent David Uebbing, as well as the National Catholic Register, www.ncregister.com and NCR Rome Correspondent Edward Pentin, http://www.ncregister.com/.
- And, as always, please check our website, www.ewtn.com, for the most up-to-date information!
EWTN Radio Católica Mundial (Spanish radio):
- "En Vivo desde el Vaticano" with Alejandro Bermúdez, Director of EWTN Noticias. Airs daily at 2 p.m. ET.
- "Cónclave 2013", hosted by José 'Pepe' Alonso. Airs daily at 3 p.m. ET.
- For more information, please check our Spanish website at www.ewtn.com/spanish.
EWTN TV (German)
- In addition to being able to hear the above Spanish television specials on our Spanish radio network, listen for ongoing coverage of the Interregnun on the Network's regular line-up of live programming each day.
- For programs airing in German, please check our German website at www.ewtn.de.
Nobody covers the Roman Catholic Church like EWTN!
From the heart of the Church, with the heart of the Church. We're EWTN.
Go back to the first page of WINGS