Be Part of EWTN's March for Life Coverage
Plus: What's New in Home Video
By Michelle Johnson
Nobody puts you in the midst of the March for Life/Walk for Life like EWTN!
As the Network with the longest-running, most comprehensive coverage of the March for Life (East Coast)/Walk for Life (West Coast), EWTN promises that you won’t see more or better coverage of the Jan. 21-23 event anywhere in the world. Even if you’re fortunate enough to be at the rallies, you’ll want to check out EWTN on your mobile phone so you can find out where the action is!
This year, our coverage includes something new! We'll be reading comments that you post on our Facebook and Twitter sites! Please post your comments to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ewtnonline, OR tweet us at www.twitter.com/ewtn -- and be sure to use the hashtag #ewtn. Just by posting to EWTN's social media sites, hundreds of thousands of people will see your comments – and if we read your comments on the air, millions will hear them!
In addition, you can email your March for Life-related photos to us at email@example.com.
Coverage of the March on both television and radio begins at 1 p.m. ET, Saturday, Jan. 21 with “Life on the Rock” Hosts Father Mark Mary Cristina and Doug Barry in San Francisco for the 2012 West Coast Walk for Life.
Live coverage continues at 6:30 p.m. ET, Sunday, Jan. 22 with the Vigil Mass for Life at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. followed by the Solemn Mass for Life at 7:30 a.m. ET, Monday, Jan. 23.
Then, stay with EWTN for our feature event – the 39th Annual March for Life – at 11 a.m. ET, Jan. 23. Our team includes EWTN Chaplain Father Joseph Mary Wolfe and “Bookmark” Host Doug Keck in the studio with Teresa Tomeo, host of the EWTN Global Catholic Radio Networks’ “Catholic Connections,” and EWTN Series Host Damon Owens on the ground in Washington, D.C. Country Singing Legend Colin Raye is just one of the many celebrities the team will be interviewing.
In addition to the above, the EWTN Global Catholic Radio Network will air, “A Crowning Achievement” at 3:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, Jan. 21 and 11 a.m. ET, Sunday, Jan. 22. Tune in to hear why students at Loveland High School in Cincinnati voted that Drew Anderson and Toni Alten-Crowe – two beloved students who just happen to have Down syndrome – be made prom king and queen!
Other notable television programs include:
- Bloodmoney: Dr. Alveda King exposes the truth behind the abortion industry and hosts an examination of the history of abortion in America, including its impact on African-Americans.
- Door to Hope: Women come to terms with the emotional and spiritual effects of having had an abortion.
- You Are a Masterpiece: A captivating tour of the pre-born with 3-D animation and state-of-the-art images. This program will be especially helpful to parents when the time comes to teach young children about life before birth.
For more on this month’s pro-life television programming, please go to /tv/index.asp#prolife.
Find EWTN television at www.ewtn.com/channelfinder. For a complete list of EWTN’s AM/FM radio affiliates, please click here, /radio/amfm.asp, or tune into EWTN’s Sirius Satellite Radio Chanel #130.
When it comes to Catholic programming, EWTN is the name you can trust!
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 30th year, is available in over 160 million television households in more than 140 countries and territories. With its direct broadcast satellite television and radio services, AM & FM radio networks, worldwide short-wave radio station, Internet website www.ewtn.com, electronic and print news services, and publishing arm, EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world.
New Home Video Releases:
- That They May have Life: Redemptorist Missionary Fr. Pablo Straub hosts a series on the grace and life-giving properties of the Seven Sacraments. That They May Have Life reaches out with warmth to churched and unchurched Catholics, to those struggling to be faithful, and to those in despair of finding their way. Find it here: http://bit.ly/zvEWnk.
- Mary, Mother of the Philippines: Let Fr. Melvin Castro be your personal guide and spiritual director on this pilgrimage of the Philippines’ historic shrines and churches dedicated to Our Lady. Each site on this video attracts visitors from all over the world. Click here for more: http://bit.ly/zksW5v.