What Every Catholic Needs To Know About the Bible
By Michelle Laque Johnson
You see them all the time: Invitations to Bible studies at your church, the local Catholic school, or Catholic retreat house. Perhaps you've never felt you had the time to go.
But what if the Bible study came to you? With this new program, "What Every Catholic Needs to Know About the Bible," EWTN brings five of the foremost Bible study scholars in the world direct to your home for an exciting and entertaining look at Scripture. Record it at 4:30 a.m. ET, Wednesday, Sept. 21. Watch it, love it, get it from EWTN Religious Catalogue at http://bit.ly/pJ2bvR, and then use it to help evangelize your friends!
You'll hear from:
• Matthew Arnold, author of "Our Catholic Faith" and "The Miracles of Jesus;"
• Dr. Brandt Pitre, assistant professor of Scripture and Theology at Our Lady of the Holy Cross College in New Orleans;
• Michael Barber, professor of Scripture, Theology and Catholic Thought at John Paul the Great Catholic University in San Diego and author of "Genesis to Jesus," and other books, http://bit.ly/oqQvHj;
• Dr. Scott Hahn, professor of Theology at St. Vincent Seminary in Latrobe, Pa. and a prolific author, http://bit.ly/riPwfz;
• Jesse Romero, Catholic Lay Evangelist and co-host of EWTN Radio's "Reasons for Faith." (Find Romero's inspiring testimony in the book, "Led by the Light of Truth," http://bit.ly/pYHcLG.)
In only one hour, you will learn how the Bible was compiled, what the word "testament" really means, how the Holy Mass is "the Bible in action," why it's absolutely necessary to properly interpret the Sacred Page; how discovering the literary forms employed by the inspired authors helps us understand the Bible, why the doctrine of "the Bible alone" or "Sola Scriptura" is unhistorical and unbiblical, how the Bible is God's word to you today, and so much more!
You've heard it said that ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Jesus. Don't let that be said of you when you stand before the pearly gates!
God bless family!