Sinning in the new age
Question from cornelius on 01-22-2014:
With all the new age type of information online, how doyou navigate ( in attempt to learn) without sinning? I'll give a specific example, I stumbled across a guy named George Green, who at first I was listening to because he supposedly had some inside information on politics. Further into the interview, he gave me the impression I was in a sense consorting with a psychic by saying he had been contacted by other worldly beings. The trouble to me is, I immediately stopped the video, but I feel I'd like to hear what he's saying.

Would I be wrong to continue listening, I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about?

while the first question is more important to me, I have another that I'd like help with. the church is obviously against psychic and consulting them but in what way does it become a sin. For instance, if I had a stomach pain and asked a psychic and she said eat broccoli would it be wrong to eat broccoli. Now maybe I don't think that broccoli doesn't have any spiritual power, and I know according to medical science it doesn't have anything to help my stomach but if it does help me, then what?

My answer to this question is that if the information obtained supernaturally is turned into a natural object it cannot be a sin. So to listen to a psychic and follow through on advice, inadvertently obtained, is harmless unless it involves the supernatural. Where am I going wrong?

Answer by David Gregson on 07-23-2014:
It's always wrong--and dangerous--to listen to anyone who purports to have information from spiritual beings, other than those approved by the Church, viz., Saints and Angels. Even regarding the latter, only those private revelations which the Church has approved should provide a basis for one's own belief and actions, since Saints and Angels can be impersonated by demons.

The insidious character of some demonic communications is that, in part, they may be correct. But what truth they contain is intended to increase your reliance on them, so that, farther down the line, they can mislead you.