Previous Question
Rapture
Question from Frank Collins on 06-06-2013:
My understanding of the Rapture is when you get "Caught up" everybody goes to heaven. My question is, do they have to stay there forever? Why wouldnít they just come back down here to earth after all the trouble is over? After all, why would God make people and put them here on earth if he hadnít intended for them to be there? Heaven is for angels and earth is for people! I can understand the Lord wanting to protect those who believe in him during such a catastrophic time. But what happens after?
Answer by Richard Geraghty on 07-08-2013:
Dear Frank,

The Catholic Church does not teach anything about a rapture at the end of the world. The rapture is a recent invention by some Protestant groups.

WHAT'S NEW - EWTN MOBI - GENERAL - RELIGIOUS CATALOGUE - PILGRIMAGES - PRESS ROOM - ESPA—OL