Next Question
Re: Follow-up
Question from Paul on 05-14-2013:
Hello Judy,

I agrree with your answer; however, you did not answer my question. I'll rephrase. In light of the Gosnell conviction (thanks be to God!). Many Clergy have said life behind bars for his crimes and hopefully he will beg for God's mercy.

My specific question: With all the sin and cathching of violent perps of crime (such as Gosnell) and others probably soon to follow). Do we need to build a penal colony? Justice requires something, but on the other hand, Bernard Nathanson repented and didn't do a day in the salmmer as well as the millions of women who murdererd their babies and as well as the resyt of us sinners who have committed lesser sins?

Thanx,

Paul

Paul

I see where you are going with the question So let me explain something in the context of Gosnell versus Bernard Nathanson.

Gosnell is unrepentant and in fact finds his acts as good for everyone, especially the expectant mother. No remorse. Further, if he had killed each of his victims a few moments earlier, he still would be doing it and nobody would be the wiser. When a state health department only inspects an abortion facility once every 15 years, what can I say?

Nathanson on the other hand was fully and honestly repentant, spending the last 30 years of his life exposing what he did, what abortion is and why it should be totally outlawed. Therefore I cannot compare the two men as the basis for your question.

However, let us say that human personhood is finally established in the law for every human being from creation to death. At that point there would have to be federal and state laws drawn up to define the crimes of surgical abortion, chemical abortion and medical abortion. Then appropriate penalties would have to be established after trial by jury in the same way Gosnell was handled.

This would involve abortionists, doctors who facilitated medical abortions, pharmaceutical firms manufacturing abortive birth control pills, fertility experts who use embryos from IVF for research and so on.

If human personhood were established and the proper criminal laws put in place my sense is that the crimes against human beings prior to birth would decline so dramatically that we would not have to establish penal colonies at all because the few who did break the law would be tried and either put in prison for life or executed.