Previous Question
Re: Justice
Question from Paul on 05-10-2013:
Hello Judy:

Recently we have two cases of "Houses of Horrors" (one the Gosnell massacre and second the recent murder,kidnapping,rape, and assault charges (to name a few) against the 3 (now women who were abducted approx. 10 years ago). My questions:

Although I am against the death penalty, and in both cases both the perps(if found guilty, I believe could be executed under state law), there is no question that in the eyes of Church justice both of these men should recieve long sentences behind bars. In fact, a popular Priest on radio in Michigan has said that if one even comes to the Confessional confessing murder, in justice one must turn themsleves into the authorities to receive complete forgiveness? Anyhow, my first question: Do we need to create a penal system large enough for all the abortion doctors and women who killed thier babies?

2. Although Pope John Paul II has said that rarely the case exists in modern society where the death peanalty is necessary (Again, I am against the death penalty)BUT so many inmates on death row assault staff AND some kill again in prison. Many murderers and rapists are releases only to commit more similar or worse criminal acts? It appears we are living in an age where either we are persecuted by the criminals or we defend ourselves against the criminals until a prism system is in place?

Thank you,

Paul

Dear Paul

My response to this is actually very simple. Abortion is an act of murder; the victim of the abortion is executed without trial by jury and the victim is innocent of all crimes against God.

The abortionist, whether he is practicing in medicine or is perhaps an animal like Castro in Ohio has sinned against God, has committed an intrinsically evil act, and should tried by jury in a court of law, after being charged with murder. At that point a jury in a just society could very well render a death penalty if it so chose.

Theologians within the Church debate the death penalty constantly. My opinion: innocent babies are victims of the death penalty of abortion every few seconds ... is that justice?