RE Washing Feet
Question from lroy on 04-21-2013:
Well this Deacon better contact the Holy See because Pope Francis HIMSELF washed the feet of two women...and they weren't even Christian (from what I understand)!

AND...many parishes-including my own-year after year wash the feet of men, women and children (who have reached the age of reason) by the priest with ZERO instruction/correction from the bishops inluding my own beloved Cardinal Sean O'Malley!

I still maintain that ONLY when the Holy See contacts ALL archdioces and in turn ALL parishes the abuse will stop.

LR

There is ample documentation that the practice of including women in the foot washing ceremony has been in place for some years.

See the Sunday Visitor's article by Msgr Charles Pope: http://www.osv.com/tabid/7621/itemid/9811/Foot-washing.aspx