Re hysterectomy on pregnant woman
Question from Lori on 04-15-2013:
In a response to a questioner as to whether it is permissible to perform a hysterectomy on a pregnant woman, your answer was that it was taking a life & the "double effect" was not applicable. She again asked the question & the response was from a doctor you frequently refer to & his response was that it was considered to come under the "double effect" criteria. Did I misread either of the responses or am I just not understanding the rule?
Lori

You did not misread the two responses. I asked Dr. Dardano to review my original response and he did, pointing out that I was wrong. This is why I posted his response to me.