help for abused spouse
Question from anon on 11-27-2012:
hello,dr.i know this most likely not your forte,but there is no forem for marriage.i have been married to my husband for 40 yrs.i am beginning to quit denying and believing that,he has been verbally abusive and my chronic depression and feeling crazy,is because of his constant barrage of negative input. we have 9 children,the youngest seventeen.most of the lititure, reccomends,getting away from the abuse so as to heal.ive always stayed,thinking that best for all,and that is what jesus would want.so i need to know,if there is any books written on this,by solid catholic authors,on how to cope and heal while still living with him?thankyou.you dont have to post this,but an email answer would be greatly appreciated!3t
Answer by Richard Geraghty on 11-29-2012:
Dear Anon,

Does anyone out there know any helpful books on the matter. Why don't you talk it over with a priest. That's what a priest is for.