Is this Contemplation?
Question from Maria Quay on 11-04-2013:

I suddenly received an incredible peace and experienced a total withdrawing from the world that brought me to complete focus on God. My mind was emptied from all distractions, concerns, worries, etc. I felt to be in a separate world with nothing to disturb me even with noise around me. This happened while at Medjugorje some years ago. I want to ask if this was a gift of contemplation? It's hard to describe the experience. It lasted for some years but now it's gone. Have you heard of it? The Lord has taken me to mountain peaks of joy on occasions. But today it seems is all lost. Please give me some insight. God bless maria

Maria

There is a wonderful article on contemplation located on line at http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php?id=37506

One quote from this article

So, what is contemplative prayer? "Contemplation is a gaze of faith, fixed on Jesus" (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2715). Contemplation is the prayer of the heart and not of the mind. Contemplative prayer may focus on a word or a saying or one may simply be in the presence of God. It is the prayer of the listening heart. The goal of contemplative prayer is to enter into the presence of God where there are no words, concepts or images. It is the prayer of being in love.

How then do we actually do contemplative prayer? Your contemplative prayer time is going to be a personal journey guided by the Holy Spirit. However, here are some suggestions that may help you. END OF QUOTE