Family Planning
Question from Cecilia Cervantes on 03-13-2013:

Please comment on the morality of a married couple's waiting to have children because they do not feel they are prepared financially to start a family, even if they only use natural family planning methods. I personally believe that postponing the birth of the first child is contrary to God's purpose for marriage. However, I also heard from a Catholic preacher that NFP is acceptable for newly-weds, as long as the couple is not absolutely rejecting children.

Dear Cecelia

The scenario that you ask about is very subjective in nature. Please allow me to clarify the fundamental truth: NFP is not birth control and if it is used for that purpose for anything other than a serious reason then it is not being used according to Catholic teaching.

See the article: Naturally spacing children! http://www.all.org/article/index/id/MjYwNg/