Planned Parenthood
Question from lynn on 01-14-2013:

Judie,

For the umpteenth time, does Planned Parenthood provide breast exams or pap smears, etc...? Today, (1-14-13) on the CBS Evening News, it was reported that the state of Texas has denied PP tax dollars for these women services because of their abortion history. But the news segment interviewed an Austin, Texas woman who was receving these same services from PP, but would now have to find another womens health clinic to get her breast exams & pap smears. Needless to say, she was upset. Now I was under the impression that PP would make referrals for these services, that they never offered these services. I'm confused. I'm just trying to figure out the truth on this.

Lynn

Planned Parenthood DOES provide breast exams but does NOT provide mammograms. As far as pap smears are concerned, it depends on which Planned Parenthood facility you are talking about.

For more info, see http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/24/why-doesnt-planned- parenthood-do-mammograms-no-money-in-it/