Studying & Learning from the works of St Thomas Aquinas
Question from Anonymous on 08-23-2012:

Dear Dr. Richard Geraghty,

I would like to study and learn from the works of St Thomas Aquinas. I am new to his works, having only read small portions hear and there of his works. I have studied some basic philosophy and theology in the past though. I guess what I would like to know is, what would be the best way for me to study his works in a systematic way? Should I read an introduction to his works first or go straight to his actual works? In what order should I read his works? Which of his works should I read first? I want to benefit from studying his works but I also don't want to overwhelm myself or jump into works that may be above my level.

Hope you can help

Answer by Richard Geraghty on 09-05-2012:

Dear Anon,

See which way works best for you. The point is to stay at it. To stay at it you have to begin. So just begin. Here you have a lifetime project. Follow the method which keeps you at it.