mass for miscarried baby
Question from anon on 8/7/2013:

Dear Judie, I was a young mother and miscarried a baby many years ago during my second trimester. I had no idea at the time that I could have buried the child's remains. I miscarried in a Catholic hospital and sadly no one alerted me to the possibility of burying her remains. We would have baptized the baby if I had not miscarried. Can I request any rites be performed when it has been so many many years ago and I have no fetus to bury? If so, what would I ask the priest for? Does canon law provide for this?

Dear Anon

You can most certainly have a Mass said and you can find details about the Mass for children who die and other rites is explained at the Boston Catholic website: http://www.bostoncatholic.org/Offices-And-Services/Office-Detail.aspx?id=12540&pid=464