Regarding "the talk" and "teenage boy."
Question from Adele on 7/5/2013:

Wow, this topic has been carrying on for a while. Honestly, I have to agree with Jessica. It is important to instruct our kids in what they should know and at the appropriate age. I also feel that Alana is doing what she believes any wise and caring mother would do. But I do not know what "teenage boy" means by saying that a girl should never have this discussion with her mother. There is need for an intellectual and loving conversation between a parent and his or her child regarding the sharing of this information. It is not wise to have a young person learning information from their peers, or from the internet, as (especially) not from a young man) as this can lead to confusion and anxiety on the part of the teen. Furthermore, so much information on this subject is deeply anti-Catholic, and on the whole, should not be readily available to them. Honestly. Adele

Adele

Thank you for your insightful comments.

The conversation does go on, but it is helpful to those reading it.