Re: Your Inight
Question from Paul on 4/18/2013:

Hello Judy,

It is clear that Poep benedict XVI has made a statemnet on Priestly formation concerning the homosexual oriented candidate for the Priesthood.

In that it appears that a person entering the Seminary needs to disclose his orienntation (a no brainer, since it is just being honest about who one is). Personally I believe homoseaxual oriented people can be called into the religious life; however, I do believe that aperson should be honest about oneself and disclose this at the time of application or even later, if one has hidden this from formators.

My question: Should not the Vatian hace all Priests reveal what orienation the are, so as to determine the extent of what percentage of Priest's are failing to disclose who they are and IF the call to the priesthood was valid?

It seems to me that some Priests, only after being caught in a scandal or who are already established after years being a Priest come out, but only after they have decievedformators for years in the Seminary or will justify their reasoning for a call by saying that no one asked when the were in foramtion? Sort of like saying, "I used drugs like crack for years, but God loves me, I can be a Priest, but it is of no concern for for my Superiors or Seminary formators, since Gd has forgiven me?"

Thanx,

Paul

Paul

Your idea is a sound one indeed. While I have no idea what Pope Francis is going to do on this matter as his Papal leadership unfolds, I can see where something similar to what you are proposing would at the very least give the Church a perspective that some of the hierarchy either deny or refuse to acknowledge.

I noted in my book THE BROKEN PATH, that the problem of homosexuality in the priesthood, like any other cancerous growth within a body, needs to examined and removed or a terminal condition may arise.

The Vatican document that already exists on homosexuals and the priesthood would be a very good place to start the cure: http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/ccatheduc/documents/rc_con _ccatheduc_doc_20051104_istruzione_en.html