Philosophy
Question from Holly Marie on 4/11/2013:

Dear Dr Geraghty i would like to know when a jehovahs witness trys to give you one if their leaflets an you tell them you are not interested and they still persist what would be the right thing do or say, scripture does say that are church was created when the lord said to peter this is the rock and upon this rock I will build my church how do you explain that to soemone like that. thanks Holly

Dear Holly,

You are not going to be able explain to a Jehovah Witness passages from scripture showing the the Catholic Church is the true Church. He or she has been taught to reject such explanations. The best you can do is to say that you are a Catholic and then invite them to consult a Catholic web site for a fuller explanation. The reason why one is a Catholic is because one believes in the Catholic Church as one's authority for interpreting The Scriptures. It is not because one understands the mysteries in which he believes. He accepts the Church as his guide. That should be the end of the discussion.