Clapping during Communion
Question from George on 4/10/2013:

Last week at Mass while people were walking up for Communion, the people in the pews started clapping for someone in the choir who had just finished playing the violin. I thought this was very distasteful since our thoughts are supposed to be on receiving the body and blood of Jesus, not applauding someone in the choir. Am I wrong for being upset?

George--

Not only are people not supposed to applaud during Communion, they are not supposed to applaud during Mass at all. But it is such a widespread practice now that there is no point in allowing yourself to become upset over it. Just let the distraction pass by and return your attention to Jesus.