prayer, depression, forgiveness, and guilt
Question from pebbls schorcher on 3/21/2013:

I am so depressed and I feel so guilty because I can't forgive some people who did terrible things to me. I am Lutheran, my son is a Lutheran pastor. My daughter works in the medical field during the day and helps take care of retired Sisters at an assisted living facility. There is a song in the lBW that saysChief of Sinners though I be and I feel like the chief of chiefs. I know because of the abuse I became pregnant and my abusive perverted step father got me an illegal abortion. Noone would help me get out of that abusive situation. I feel built because of the abortion and because I can't forgive, and I have been dianosed with pancreatitis, and I do not drink. However, this is so painful, and I just read a book that says we should thank God for your pain. That's a little tough to do when you are puking up your guts and rolling in the floor in pain. My husband and I have been married 40 years. I taught in the public school system and then I received my Master's in Gerontology because I wanted to work with the elderly but apparently God had other plans for me. I just feel so guilt and so depressed. Ijust need prayers.

Dear Pebbls

You mentioned the hymn Chief of Sinners Though I be, and I wish you would read all the words to that hymn, including these

Chief of sinners though I be, Jesus shed His blood for me; Died that I might live on high, Died that I might never die; As the branch is to the vine, I am His, and He is mine.

Pebbls, God loves you and He wants you to forgive yourself which is sometimes the hardest part of living. But once you do that you will shed all of the negative feelings you have toward those who treated you so miserably and abused you.

You are in my prayers.