Surgery during Holy Week
Question from K.M. on 3/14/2013:

Due to the surgeon's booked schedule, I'm to undergo surgery on March 27. It's necessary surgery, under general anesthesia. Is it okay to undergo surgery during Holy Week?

K.M.--

Sure, especially since that is the time the surgeon has available. All I would recommend is that you approach your pastor now for confession and the anointing of the sick, rather than wait to call him during Holy Week when his schedule will be fully booked. You could also ask to be put on the list for chaplain visits while in the hospital and for Communion to be brought to you by an EMHC (at the hospital and later at home) when you are able to have solid food.