Marriage on Easter Sunday
Question from M.C. on 3/13/2013:

I wanted to know if it was possible to get married on Easter Sunday. If not, what is the first day after Easter that is it possible?

M.C.--

You'd have to ask a canon lawyer for the specifics of canon law. All I can tell you is that, whether or not it is theoretically possible, you are not going to find a priest or deacon who will agree to preside at a marriage on Easter Sunday. Their day will already be packed full.

Rather than look for a day on which to get married and then ask a presider to fit it into his schedule, I recommend meeting with your wedding presider and asking him what day he has available for your marriage. Then plan the rest of your wedding around the day he gives you.