Is Jesus a prophet?
Question from Patti on 2/2/2013:

My priest keeps referring to Jesus as a prophet in his homilies. What should I tell my priest about his error or should I even bother telling him about his error?

Patti--

Your priest is not wrong. Jesus is a prophet. A prophet is a witness to God. And, in fact, one of the messianic prophecies is spoken by Moses, who says, "The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brethren -- him you shall heed" (Deut. 18:15). You might want to read the first volume of Pope Benedict XVI's Jesus of Nazareth, in which he discusses Jesus being the fulfillment of this prophecy by Moses.