desire for children
Question from Kerry on 12/4/2012:

Dear Judie,

I know that the call to motherhood has been placed in my heart, yet we have been unable to have a family due to many medical reasons (health status of husband). We have been married a long time and have prayed about this. Perhaps are calling is to adopt. We are considering adopting a child from foster care........yet, family and friends are telling us not to do this because the children come with many "issues". I don't know where to turn. Please advice. Thank you.

Dear Kerry

If the Lord is calling you to adopt a child, He will also provide you with the wisdom you need to discern the child who will best fit into your family. All of us have "issues" but this is why we love our faith and know we can turn to Christ in times of need.

Judie