re: charities
Question from anon on 11/28/2012:

I was sad to see that Catholic Charities was involved with Cardinal Dolan's invite of Obama to the Smith dinner. I just sent Catholic Charities a donation check for Hurricane Sandy. I didn't know the Smith fundraiser was part of Catholic Charities. Other than the disgrace of the Smith fundraiser, is there any indication my money will go toward the culture of death?

Dear Anonymous

The sad fact is that Catholic charities of all types are prone to political positions on matters that are in direct conflict with Catholic teaching.

We are very hopeful that the new directive from Pope Benedict XVI will bring these groups into line.