Hope for Salvation
Question from Kathleen on 11/26/2012:

I am wondering something. I am an "OK" Catholic. I love my Faith and respect the Pope. I raised a bunch of kids who have, so far all deserted the Faith. I am weak, overweight, lazy and sharp tongued. I pray and beg and attend any extra Masses I can. I go to Confession when possible ( maybe 5 or 6 times a year) I fall asleep when I try and say the Rosary, although I am successful quite often in completing it. I allow immorality all around me - unmarried children to tarnish my house with live in lovers etc... because I don't want to ailenate them. I pray throughout the day and try and hope for salvation but don't know if it is even possible for me. I always hope to do more, be better, pray more, etc but someday I will be dead and I will die with this intention on my heart instead of God's Saving grace, I am afraid. Is there any hope for me?

Dear Kathleen,

You sound like a good Catholic to me. A good Catholic is a repenting sinner, not one who commits no sins at all. Only the Blessed Mother committed no sins at all. Keep praying and resolving to sin no more. Pray for the grace how to handle unmarried children who bring their lovers to your house.