re:Voter guide
Question from Kevin on 11/12/2012:

I believe the statement means if you vote for a pro abortion candidate PRECISELY because he IS pro abortion, then you have gravely sinned. I did NOT vote for Obama, but the many Catholics that did, I honestly do not think they did it because he IS pro abortion. I think a lot more issues went into it and I can't imagine people thinking.."I want an abortion president, so I'll vote for Obama." I think a lot of us sin in an unconscious manner...meaning we really don't grasp what is evil..thank the Lord for the gift of purgatory. Just my two cents worth.

Dear Kevin

Since we cannot know the intention of an individual voter, it is impossible for us to know why a particular Catholic voted for Obama.

My sense is, however, that many of them are also pro-abortion.