Pro-Life Resposibilities
Question from Laurie M on 9/17/2012:

I read your response dated August 24 2012 to Pat Clark's question on August 23, 2012. It left me with another question to attempt to understand the church's teachings. I researched, but could not find one organization that would provide all medical/mental/physical/financial support for a woman that had become pregnant as a victim of rape. There is some assistance, but all needs are not met. Abortion is described as sin. My question is, how do we define a catholic's failure either individually or by group to provide all the help necessary to assist these woman. Is it a sin, immoral, failure to comply with the teaching of the church, failure to live up to responsibilities as taught by the church or it to defined as just a fact of life.

Laurie

While I am not sure that any organization including Catholic charities lists every single service for every single situation it provides, I can tell you that as Catholics we are called by God and the example of the Good Samaritan to provide all the help we can to victims of rape, incest and other crimes against the human person.