Studying & Learning from the works of St Thomas Aquinas
Question from Anonymous on 8/23/2012:

Dear Dr. Richard Geraghty,

I would like to study and learn from the works of St Thomas Aquinas. I am new to his works, having only read small portions hear and there of his works. I have studied some basic philosophy and theology in the past though. I guess what I would like to know is, what would be the best way for me to study his works in a systematic way? Should I read an introduction to his works first or go straight to his actual works? In what order should I read his works? Which of his works should I read first? I want to benefit from studying his works but I also don't want to overwhelm myself or jump into works that may be above my level.

Hope you can help

Dear Anon,

See which way works best for you. The point is to stay at it. To stay at it you have to begin. So just begin. Here you have a lifetime project. Follow the method which keeps you at it.