God as Creator or Planner
Question from Frankie on 8/23/2012:

I am a practicing Catholic and I do believe in God but I also believe in everything taught by modern science. Is God the creator or planner or the Intelligent Designer of the universe. God is a spirit who doesnt have hands or tools to create anything. That is one of the reasons why God became man in the person of Jesus Christ.

Dear Frankie,

The teaching is that God created the world from nothing. Only God exists necessarily. Everything else exists only because God willed it to exist. God doesn't need hands or raw material. He is an infinitely powerful spirit. If he weren't, he wouldn't be God. At any rate there is intelligent design to the world.