Separation from God
Question from Carolyn on 4/25/2012:

After 25 years of abuse I divorced my husband. Also contributing to the dissolution of our marriage was his molestation of our daughter. I remained alone for 17 years until I met a man of God and fell in love with him. We are living together. He is impotent but that doesn't diminish the desire to be intimate that love brings. Offending God is reprehensible. Does He really want me to throw away this companion? Please help. Being separated from God's love is a terrible burden.

Answer by David Gregson on 12/6/2012:

Sexual intimacy with a man not your husband is against God's law. But that doesn't mean He doesn't still love you. Pray for His guidance and talk to a priest about applying for an annulment.