near death experiences
Question from Gabrielle on 10/25/2011:

What do you think of near death experiences? Many have had them, religious and not. I'm not talking about someone wanting to sell a book but researched evidence by doctors and PhD's looking for unbiased answers, where evidence is in a thesis not NY Times best seller.

Some things are always the same, one researcher found most feel love and things they can't describe later. Although one study found atheists saw more of their life shown, many were shown an accounting of actions which brought the feelings of them much more clearly and not always pleasant. The researcher thought maybe atheists and agnostics needed to see more to change and one British atheist did. (although some still think him crazy). These aren't individual stories but done by doctors and researchers over time with sudden death and children who are sick. They see and know things they couldn't possibly know otherwise. You don't have to trust someone who swears they saw a dead relative or friend, but you don't have to trust certain saints that have said things either. It adds another mystery to life.

I say trust in the Lord, try to be what he wanted you to be and leave the rest to him. Worry and angst do not add to your life.

Dear Gabrielle,

I know that Mother Angelica had a near death experience which gave her a certain peace later. But it is still here attitude to leave things to the Lord. We are to place our trust in the teachings of the Church. There surely will be a judgment after people die. She does not pronounce about the experience of near death.