Who is this guy?
Question from Karen on 10/27/2008:

I have heard a lot recently about Saul Alinsky. Who is he, besides the guy who founded the Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council with Bishop Sheil back in the early part of the last century? I moved from the Back of the Yards in the mid 1990's. This is a neighborhood on the south side of Chicago a little southwest of the old Union Stock Yards. It is, and always has been a port of entry for new immigrants. As far as I know, the BYNC is still around helping people. I don't know what's wrong about that. Please clue me in.

Dear Karen

There is a fairly objective description of Alinsky in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky

Basically one can describe him as a left wing radical. He was also a community organizer in Chicago.