Popes' speech
Question from Francis on 9/20/2006:

Hi Father, I hope that you are well. Father, I can't help think that after all of the fuss made about the Popes comments by the liberal media and by the muslims, (What he quoted of course was true about islam as we saw with the killing and burning done afterwards by the muslims) that even the Vicar of Christ has to be "politically correct". I have to blame Vatican 2 for this liberalism and politically correctness. If we had no vatican 2, there would be no "ecumenical dialoque" with false religions, like islam. The Pope, as all previous Popes before vatican2. would acknowledge that there is only one true religion, Catholic Christianity, which through our Lord and his Church, is the only way to be saved. I heard today that the Pope said that he" respects islam and islam worships the one true God" Does the Pope really believe that islam worships the one true God? I hope not,Mohammed was a false prophet!! I hope he said this only to protect the Churches in pagan countries from further violence. I know that the world is too small now and you have to have some give and take with the pagans. But I think it is time for the Pope and the Vatican to get back to basics, and proclaim that our Lord and his Catholic Church are the only true instruments of Salvation. And stop this nonsense of dialoque with false religions, no matter how much the media and everyone else do not like it! God Bless

Answer by Fr. Robert J. Levis on 9/21/2006:

Francis, Today Christianity claims about 1 billion souls; Islam, another billion, with about 4 billion people unaccounted for in religion. The Fathers of Vatican Council rightfully are concerned about the eternal salvation of billions, thus the Ecumenical Movement. To ignore non-Catholics today is adverse to the direction of Vatican Council 2, which we hold to be a Council inspired by no less than the Holy Spirit. Consider this. Fr. Bob Levis