Catholic Psychologist
Question from Gem on 6/22/2006:

Dear Judie;

I am having a difficult time locating a Catholic Psychologist. My search began at the Chancerey, then to Catholic Charities, then to the local Catholic Hospitals and none, not one, refer me to a Catholic Psychologist, and the reaction to my query is very distant-as if I am asking for the impossible-can you help me? I might also mention that our Pastor is very, very liberal, so I would not dare ask his advise--this is a bit of an emergency (something that should not wait) and I am at my wits end in my search! Thank you for your reply God bless you and all you do-Gem

Dear Gem

First, try the Institute for the Psychological Sciences, which is on the Internet at http://www.ipsciences.edu/www/docs/203.

Their address and phone:

2001 Jefferson Davis Highway, Suite 511, Arlington, VA 22202 (703) 416-1441

Second, even though ONE MORE SOUL gives referrals to Catholic doctors, I think that if you contact them with your request, they will at least be able to give you a starting point.

Their web site is www.omsoul.com

Address and phone: 1846 North Main Street Dayton, OH 45405

Phone Numbers: (937) 279-5433 (800) 307-7685 Judie Brown