re: convalidated marriage
Question from anonymous on 9/13/2005:

Dear Rev. Gantley, You answered this question saying "Use the date for the convalidation since, in the eyes of God and his Church, that is your marriage." I also had my marriage convalidated and asked the priest who performed it the same question. He said that we received grace back to the first day we were married and our anniversary is still the date we were married on before the convalidation. Was he wrong?

Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 9/13/2005:

Unless your marriage was convalidated as a radical sanation, he was mistaken. Perhaps he does not clearly understand what a convalidation is, or perhaps he just watered down the truth in trying to be kind.