Pope Leo XIII's Vision - Reliable Source
Question from Sherif Girgis on 4/26/2002:

Dear Dr. Carroll:

You have mentioned several times that you are searching for a reliable source regarding the vision of Pope Leo XIII of the devil's conversation with God. In Gabriele Amorth's book, An Exorcist Tells His Story, published by Ignatius Press (1999), on page 37 Fr. Amorth includes an excerpt from a magazine, Ephemerides Liturgicae, reporting in 1995 on pages 58-59. This excerpt is not just another second-hand account; it is actually written by Father Domenico Pechenino, who personally witnessed Pope Leo XIII having the vision during Mass, leaving quickly to write the prayer on a slip of paper, and sending it to the Congregation of Rites to be promulgated. I hope this reference helps you in writing your next volume and citing this event; I fervently pray that God grant you the years and strength to finish this work!

Answer by Dr. Warren Carroll on 4/28/2002:

Thank you very much. This sounds like exactly the kind of source reference for this incident for which I have been looking. Thank you for your prayers. - Dr. Carroll